About this Course
Once your booking has been received, we will be in contact with you to discuss the type of licence your premises will be issued with, and provide you with the download version of the self-paced guide for your particular licence. This MUST be printed and completed before attending your scheduled course. Please allow 2 hours for workbook completion.
The Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR) has developed new entrant training standards in order for applicants to have an adequate knowledge of liquor law and licensee obligations under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998.
We understand that the requirements required for liquor licensing can take up a significant amount of your valuable time. Because we have years of experience delivering training in the hospitality sector, we understand the value of your time. That is why we offer the convenience of completing both the New Entrant Training & Victorian RSA together in the same day.
Note: the information provided below is accurate at time of publishing however to ensure accurate information, please visit VCGLR Website for current information.
The aim of the Achieve Liquor Licence Compliance Training Course is to provide an overview of Victorian liquor licensing laws and associated issues that will enable licensees to comply with their legal obligations and contribute to minimising alcohol-related harm in the community.
The VCGLR New Entrant Training course includes information on:
- How to handle difficult customers.
- The purpose of Victoria’s liquor laws.
- The role and regulatory authorities.
- Understanding/interpreting liquor licence requirements.
- Common offences.
- Managing best practice.
- Licensee forums and accords.
An application for a liquor licence will not be granted until new entrant training has been completed for all liquor licence categories except for a BYO permit, pre-retail, and temporary licences.
Applicants who need to complete new entrant training are:
- Individuals – all natural person applicants
- Partnerships – all partners
- The role and regulatory authorities.
- Company (body corporate) – at least one director
- Club – at least one committee member
- Association – at least one committee member
- All applicants for appointment as a nominee must complete new entrant training
- All applicants seeking approval to sublet any part of the licensed premises, or to carry on the business of supplying liquor on the licensed premises, must complete new entrant training
If applicants have already undertaken an approved new entrant training course, a copy of the training certificate will be considered as evidence of completion.
The “Achieve Liquor Licence Compliance” training course is an approved alternative to the Licensees’ First Step course, Licensee Compliance Certificate course & the Victorian Licensee’s Training Course.
You may download this information in the Training for licence applicants fact sheet.
Important Course Information before booking
Our webinar sessions are limited to ONLY 10 STUDENTS PER CLASS. This ensures all students receive an interactive & personal experience.
This training is considered the same as if you were attending a physical class, SO PLEASE:
- Join on time- don’t be late
- Wear appropriate attire
- Conduct Respectful & appropriate social interaction
- No interruptions (people, animals or other devices like phones, TV’s etc)
- No leaving the class (there will be a short lunch break)
Hence, once a booking is made, no refunds or transfers will be available.
SO PLEASE BOOK YOUR SESSION CAREFULLY.
Upon completion of payment, your booking confirmation email will be sent to your email address given upon enrolment. Please CHECK JUNK OR SPAM FOLDERS, as it may land there.
You MUST be able to join & participate in the session as instructed via your confirmation email.
You MUST CONTACT US either via phone (1800 228 423) or email (email@example.com) if you are missing this confirmation information prior to your class’s scheduled start time.
We look forward to meeting you!